Any move is unthinkable without the convenience and mobility of moving boxes. And depending on the size of your household, you may end up needing a staggering number of boxes to fit all of your household items.
If you can afford to purchase brand new moving boxes for you upcoming relocation or if you’re about to request a full-service move from a reputable moving company, then you’re all set and you shouldn’t worry about a thing. However, if your relocation budget is tight, then you’re probably wondering where you can get free cardboard boxes for moving. If this is the case, then read on because you have some great options here:
- Grocery stores: what most grocery stores do is break down and recycle all the cardboard boxes that they no longer need. Visit your local supermarket, ask to speak to the store manager and you’ll most likely end up with a good number of sturdy boxes in good condition for you move. All you have to do is ask, right?
- Large local retailers: besides supermarkets, other great places where you’re probably going to get cardboard boxes for free are local retailers, such as bookstores, liquor, electronics and office supply stores. Your safest bet is to pay them a visit at the end of shipment days when truckloads of goods have been unloaded and scores of boxes unpacked.
- Local recycling center: if there’s a recycling center nearby, you should check it out because people often leave good but no longer needed moving boxes there to be recycled.
- Friends: if any of your friends has moved recently, they are sure to have extra moving boxes that they can spare. So, spread the word (preferably by using your favorite social network) that you’re in need of such cardboard boxes and keep your fingers crossed for positive replies.
- Online: Websites like www.freecycle.org can help you greatly in your quest for locating cardboard moving boxes free of charge, so make sure you check them out as well.