Employing the services of an experienced and reputable mover is essential if you wish to have a smooth trouble-free relocation. It is definitely worthwhile to spare some of your time and conduct a little more extensive research on the moving companies you have shortlisted. Check if the movers are properly licensed by the U.S. Department of Transportation, see if they have been certified by The Better Business Bureau and read some reviews online to get an idea of what the people who have used their services have to say about their professionalism.
Here are some places where you can look up the reputation of moving companies online:
- Look up a mover’s license information (enter it in the DOT search bar at the bottom of the page: fmcsa.dot.gov
- Research which agencies are responsible for licensing movers in your state: ProtectYourMove.gov
- More information on how to research movers: TheMovingBlog.com
- Discover movers’ reputation: Yelp.com
- Discover movers’ reputation: MyMovingReviews.com
- Discover movers’ BBB accreditation and reports: BBB.org