Whenever you find yourself in need of a reputable and affordable moving company to help you organize and execute your fast approaching residential move, you may not necessarily view the process of finding your relocation partner as shopping. However, if you really think about it, you’re expected and recommended to do just that – shop around for high quality moving services exactly the way you would approach the purchase of an expensive product.
It’s absolutely vital that you choose a local or interstate moving company that will
- fit your preliminary moving budget by offering you good competitive prices for the relocation services it provides,
- fulfill your requirements and meet your expectations as a shipper of household goods,
- respond adequately to any sorts of questions you may have about your own move, and deal with any move related issues along the day in a professional manner.
SEE ALSO: How to find cheap movers near me
And yet, before you can have the luxury of choosing the best moving company for you, you will have to learn how to compare moving and storage companies in the best possible way so that you can complete the much needed comparison analysis.
Compare moving estimates
The comparison analysis starts with requesting moving estimates and then analyzing the moving company quotes you have received. Follow these moving estimate tips to get moving quotes tailored to your specific requirements and needs:
- Fill out this fast moving cost estimator to get contacted by reliable moving companies that not only support your route, but are also properly licensed to operate by the U.S. Department of Transportation and adequately insured against move related risks. To increase your selective options, compare the moving prices of at least 3-4 local or cross country movers.
- Moving estimates done over the phone can never be as accurate as you need them to be, so it’s highly recommendable that you ask the corresponding moving company to send estimators to your home to assess the whole situation in person. Use the opportunity of having a moving expert in your house to ask them whatever may be troubling you and to provide to the specialist any additional information that can prove to be crucial come moving day.
- When asked to choose between a binding or non-binding estimate, select the binding one although you may be charged for its issuance. The binding moving quote will guarantee to some degree that the stated price will be roughly the sum you will pay in the end.
- How to compare estimates? One important aspect when reviewing the different movers’ quotes in your hands is to be extra cautious with offers with costs that are way below the price ranges of the rest. Analyze in detail why the stated prices are so low, and contact the mover in question for clarification if you can’t seem to find any logical explanation. The reason to be suspicious with offers that are too good to be true is that such lowball estimates could be the work of dishonest movers. Click here to learn how to protect yourself from moving scams.
Compare moving options
Have in mind that the best way to compare moving costs is to actually compare the moving services offered as the latter will play a major role in determining your overall costs of your residential move. The final prices stated on your movers’ quotes won’t tell you the whole story unless you pay special attention to the included moving services.
In reality, it’s useful to know that in addition to the extra services you may have requested (packing and/or unpacking, disassembly of large furniture, and so on), the moving companies you are considering to hire may have also included additional services that will enable the job to be completed smoothly and within the negotiated timeframe (temporary storage, delayed delivery, hoisting oversized furniture pieces or appliances through the windows, crating special valuable items, etc.).
You can take advantage of the fact that you still haven’t made up your mind about which local or cross country moving company to choose. How? Be smart and use the period of comparing different movers’ rates to ask your candidates how far they are willing to work with you in reducing the final bill. Explore together and exhaust all possibilities for cost reduction through ongoing promotions, special deals, or discount coupons. After all, you’ve got nothing to lose by asking the various companies to meet you halfway. On the contrary, this tactical move of encouraging the movers under consideration to compete for your move will only prove beneficial to your savings account.
Compare movers’ reviews
Once you have a pretty good idea of what your movers offer in terms of price and services, it’s time for the final step which will determine the winning application. Yes, it’s about the right time you check the movers’ professional reputation by browsing through online moving reviews, ratings and testimonials about the few shortlisted companies.
It’s a fact that top rated cross country movers understand how important good reputation can be, so they keep their clients satisfied by continuously offering them high quality services. So, pick up your relocation winner by comparing moving companies’ reviews and ratings.
- Begin the comparison analysis by first asking friends, neighbors and colleagues at work if they can tell you anything about your shortlisted movers. You can also use the power of social networks to poll your pals and reach the right decision in the end.
- Head to specialized websites for moving reviews, such as MyMovingReviews, where you can easily research your movers and simply see what other people think of their professionalism, honesty, promptness, communication, appearance, and so on. As a rule of thumb, when comparing moving companies, you should stay away from local or long distance movers with too many negative reviews and low overall performance ratings as that could mean trouble.
- In most cases, the moving reviews you have accessed should help you make up your mind and ultimately go with the company which has passed all comparison steps with flying colors.
We wish you the best of luck!