It’s no wonder that the DIY concept has been gaining greater and greater popularity in our contemporary self-reliant world. This proactive approach to dealing with all aspects of life results in a gratifying sense of self-confidence, independence and resourcefulness. However, when inexperienced people try to manage on their own regardless of the complexity of the issue or the severity of the problem in question, a lot of time, energy and money may be lost in the process without achieving satisfactory results. Using professional assistance, on the other hand, guarantees speed and efficiency, as the experts have the skills and the required know-how to provide the most beneficial solution to any problematic situation.
Moving house is one of these troublesome instances when experience and competence can mean the difference between failure and success. So, if you are faced with an imminent relocation and find yourself wondering “Should I hire a moving company or move by myself?”, take into consideration the following benefits of using professional movers:
Several indisputable facts prove that hiring the highly experienced services of a professional moving company is your most beneficial option when moving across country:
- Safety – professional movers are trained to use the most appropriate and efficient moving techniques so that your household items are properly packed, safely shipped and promptly delivered to your new home completely intact. Adequate wrapping and padding to prevent shifting inside the boxes during transportation, careful navigation through narrow corridors and steep staircases, proper loading, securing the shipment in the moving truck and competent driving will account for the safety of your possessions;
- Efficiency – your moving crew will work with enviable speed to pack and load your household items, using the optimum capacity of the moving containers and the moving vehicle. Both time and space will be saved due to the experienced approach of your hired movers;
- Know-how – professional movers know their way around – figuratively and literally. They know how to properly handle heavy and bulky items, oddly-shaped furniture pieces and sensitive electronics, so all your belongings are efficiently transferred to the moving truck and then – into your new home. Besides, the movers know the shortest and safest routes to take your shipment to its final destination and are very well familiar with the peculiarities of the locality which allows them to avoid any traffic or parking problems.
So, why hire a professional moving company? Because experience matters and results in safety, speed, reliability, efficiency and peace of mind.
Another factor that guarantees the successful outcome of your moving adventure when you take advantage of professional moving services is the advanced equipment used in the relocation process:
- Adequate packing supplies – professionals will use only brand new moving boxes, bubble wrap, anti-static peanuts, etc. to provide maximum protection for your delicate and expensive belongings. This option may be more expensive than using old towels and newsprint but the perfect condition of your cherished possessions is definitely worth it;
- Suitable moving vehicle – when you hire a moving company, they will send the right type of moving vehicle (or vehicles!) to accommodate your household items. You will not have to spend time researching what size of moving truck you need to rent or to lose hours trying to fit your couch in your friend’s pick-up truck;
- Specialty equipment – you can easily rent a dolly for your move or buy the tools required for dismantling your furniture but you will have to determine what you need and to supply it. Professional movers, on the other hand, will be equipped with the full range of accessorial materials – from moving pads and furniture blankets to hoisting cranes and moving platforms.
Adequate equipment saves time and efforts and helps prevent damages, no two ways about it.
Time and convenience
Gaining some extra time and avoiding most of the tension and hassle typically involved in the moving process are also among the most important reasons to hire a moving company:
- The movers will take care of all the laborious procedures on Moving day (such as lifting and carrying your heavy and bulky items or even packing your entire household, if you wish so), giving you enough time to address other important issues;
- Several movers will work on the strenuous tasks using proper equipment which decreases the risks of injuries, accidents and property damage;
- Professional moving companies provide a variety of extra services to facilitate your move – packing and unpacking, disassembly and reassembly of furniture, appliance servicing, lowering or hoisting, shuttle services, split pick-up and delivery, temporary storage, etc. to make your move quicker and easier, more convenient and less stressful;
- The moving crew is really good in relocation games – be they puzzles (how to make this large awkwardly-shaped furniture piece fit through the door), labyrinths (how to find a safe escape route out of your old property), hidden object quests (how to organize your belongings and label your boxes), etc. Take advantage of their skills and you will emerge victorious from your moving adventure!
- You will know the final moving cost beforehand – request a binding written estimate when hiring a moving company and you will not be surprised by forgotten or hidden moving expenses. The estimate will include all the charges – materials, labor, transportation, extra fees, etc. (Just research your chosen company well to avoid moving scam and read the movers’ paperwork carefully to make sure you understand and agree with all the provisions in the Bill of Lading);
- You will not bother your family and friends – when you use professional movers, you will not need extra help from your family or friends. Instead, you will have the time to say your proper goodbyes.
When you use professional services, your personal belongings are insured. The moving company will be held accountable for your move and will accept liability for any damage sustained by your properly packed items while they have been in their custody. So, the movers will do their best to ensure that all your possessions arrive at your doorstep safely, timely and in good condition.
Of course, it’s up to you to choose the most adequate liability protection plan for you, or even to purchase additional moving insurance (especially if you are about to relocate items of great sentimental or monetary value).
Flexible storage options
Whether your new home is not ready yet, or you are moving to temporary housing for a couple of months, or you are downsizing and don’t have enough space for all your belongings, your moving company can provide a beneficial solution. You can have your items kept safe in adequate storage facilities with overnight, short-term or long-term storage options. This service comes at an additional charge but it may prove to be very convenient and guarantees your peace of mind as your items will be protected from theft, loss or damage.
It is the cost for hiring movers that usually makes people hesitate whether to use professional services or not. However, when you calculate the expenses for purchasing packing supplies, renting a truck, paying for fuel, road tolls, parking fees, vehicle insurance, meals and lodgings on the way, snacks and drinks (as well as small gifts) for all your friends who come to help you, etc., the price for hiring professionals may turn out to be roughly the same. Not to mention the expenses for medical bills in the unfortunate event of an injury or the costs for repairing or replacing any items damaged as a result of inappropriate handling (don’t forget the time and the nerves lost in the moving process, too!). In the long run, you may actually save money when hiring a moving company.
Last but not least, besides all the advantages discussed above, using professional moving services relieves stress and ensures your peace of mind. You cannot put a price tag to that, can you?